Wednesday 31 July 2013

staying sharp

People often ask me about the differences of living in the USA and living in Europe. One of the things that gets mentioned is people's style. I was mortified when, during my first semester here in Boise, I ended up going to Starbucks in my PJ pants with friends that were doing the same. Admittedly, Starbucks was just across the road from their apartment, but still. Mortified. Such things are just not done in Europe. Europeans are "sharp" dressing people is what I tell my US friends. The girls that I work with often talk about how it's a balance working the job that we do and still dressing cute. In all honesty I kind of miss being a sharp dresser on a daily basis. Simple and sharp is how I like it.
Follow me on pinterest here.


1 comment:

phyllis nobles said...

LOVE this post. And love that you went to Starbucks in PJ pants! I feel your angst here. There are SO MANY THINGS I love about how casual America is. And so many things I love about how NOT CASUAL Istanbul is. Working now on trying to combine the two so that I'll feel like myself wherever I am x