Monday 15 July 2013

be all there



It's summer vacation don't you know. All spring semester long I will long for summer. I will dream of long, lazy days of laying in the sunshine, reading the books that pile up on my book shelf and drink sun tea with sweet friends. In reality, only a few of my summer days have been spent this way. Life gets busy. No, it gets hectic. I find that even when my days are not necessarily hectic, my mind is still hectic. My head is so full of excitement, worry, fear, joy and happiness that at night I simply can not shut it off. My summer is at the moment a balancing act - I have two jobs, a summer class and a long list of adventures I want to go on as well as many people I adore spending time with. Isn't life always a balancing act? God has really been stirring my heart lately about slowing down and just being. Being still for just a moment so I can capture a little bit of peace and hear His voice a little clearer. It amazes me how He moves....He desires space in my life because He has something for me that will only intensify the joy in my life. In His goodness he moves my heart and asks me to slow down. I don't want to miss what He has for me in this season because I know it will be the greatest gift.

I love life. I love that each day brings new joy, adventure and opportunity. I love being busy, but often I think that I find my identity there. Sometimes I find it hard to stop and be still. I can often find silence awkward. I don't feel comfortable being still, yet I am starting to think that being still is just what I need for my own sanity.

It is Monday morning. I hope you are well and I hope you have a week to look forward to. I am trying to get back on top of this blogging thing we have going here together. I am trying to figure out what I want this little space to be. I want it to be a gift to you as well as a place to connect and share my little crazy life with you all. Thank you for your patience, thank you for still messaging me and staying connected. I hope that you find a little moment of peace today - a moment of true stillness and I pray that it blesses you. Happy Monday.

No comments: