Wednesday 8 May 2013

A piece of advice

Day 8 of the challenge : A piece of advice


"The beauty of starting somewhere is that you will always end up somewhere else"

Someone spoke these words to me a few years ago and they have stuck with me. I think they have stuck with me so strongly because of how my life has panned out since then....I have started somewhere and ended up somewhere else, normally a surprising somewhere else, time and time again. My life is one great testimony to having adventures and trusting God. I happen to believe that God loves me and He knows my heart for adventure. Therefore, since He is creator of the universe and all and nothing is too big for Him to deal with, well, then He just kind of orchestrates life to enable me to have adventures. Since these words were spoken to me I have relocated to a foreign country multiple times, changed my University major, altered my goals in life and discovered more about the passions in my heart than I have every known before. 

So I give this advice to you also as a gift. Start somewhere and take delight in the fact that you will end up somewhere else, somewhere new and hopefully exciting. Don't stay stationary in life; move on, move towards greater things. I know a lot of you may be graduating college soon - what a great season of change and anticipation this is! It may also be one of fear and anxiety, but hey, we wouldn't be human if we didn't worry, right? When you find your peace and look back, it will be worth it to know you pushed on, trusted, and didn't let fear stand in your way.




1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

So, just reading this makes me think.. I have a million things to learn from this girl..

just so you know.