Sunday 9 September 2012

Labour Day Weekend

Happy Sunday evening people. I hope that you all have had a great weekend. I am going to try and get my act together a little more and make these postings a little more regular. I shall be entering my third week of classes tomorrow and I am starting to find my rhythm again.
I greatly enjoyed my first Labour Day Weekend stateside. On the Saturday we hosted a brunch for a whole load of our friends - I wish every weekend started this way! We had so much fun in the sunshine together; eating food and sharing conversations as we looked over the mountains. On Sunday my sister and I got up near the break of dawn to see the final balloons launch at a downtown park as part of the Spirit of Boise event. It was definitely worth getting up early for. It was rather magical waiting for the sun to appear from behind the mountains whilst the balloons launched. Then, we had breakfast and church in the park followed by baptisms in the river.
And then I spent the rest of the long weekend partying and rafting. Yeah, it was a great Labour Day Weekend.

















2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, how wonderful!!

Shireen said...

how pretty! those air balloon pictures are great