Monday 13 August 2012

Surfing Sunday

I have never been a confident person in the water and for years it has stopped me from pursuing water sports. Well, since arriving here in Boise I have spent an entire week on the river rafting, floated the Boise river and on Sunday some friends took me and the family out on their boat and I learnt to wake surf! Jeez was it hard! Thankfully my friends were extremely patient, encouraging and let me try over and over and over...and over....and over again. But once ya got it, ya got it. I hope one day to be as good as our friend who casually gets up on the board with his little kid between his feet and then let go of the rope and just hang out surfing behind the boat.

Getting started
Getting up....just
Lots of falls and Splashes
A lot of wipe outs / Determined
Finally up and going

The Dad
Beautiful Sister
The Mum


7 comments:

Ruby said...

Wonderful to see your family so happy!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Our friends can do that too but I have never been brave enough to try!

Katie Cook said...

You are too cute! I love this! So does your family live in Idaho then? What's the story on that? Loooove that you got so much time in the water:) love Katie

Blue Dog Belle said...

Yay!!! I'm impressed you got up, I've tried so many times, but never make it for more than a few seconds.

xo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh such fun! Thanks for all your positive comments. I'm going to email you in response!!!

xoxo

Unknown said...

how awesome! I've never done this before but am dying to try!

Crystalin said...

Love these photos! Boating has a special place in my heart from my childhood :) Hope you had a blast!