Monday 23 July 2012

The Little Things

I only have a couple more days here in the UK before I move to the USA for a while. Saying goodbyes are hard, so the little things are making me smile at the moment. Although, you want to know the thing that is really making me smile right now? The sunshine finally appeared. Love.
(Scroll to the bottom for details on a sweet award I was nominated for!)

Favourite Blush

Taylor all packed up ready to travel

New running shoes - on sale!

Finally gotten around to reading this much talked about / highly recommended book

And.....I also got nominated for an award by a blogging friend over at Love & Baileys!! I am a tad chuffed to say the least. So here come the details...

+  Someone "gave" this award to you? Create a blog post including 11 random facts about yourself.
+  Also in that blog post, answer the 11 question the person that nominated you has given you (see mine below) and make up another 11 questions for the people you will nominate.
+  Give this award to 11 blogs and link them in your post!
+ Tell those people that you have nominated them for the award.
+ You cannot nominate the person that has nominated you.

Random Facts:
- My favourite flowers are Tulips.
- I can be pretty open about a lot of things in my life, but somethings are just very private and I won't talk about them.
- I love my Taylor guitar.
- I am THAT person on the plane that will need to go to the toilet every ten minutes.
- I will instantly loose respect for a person if they have bad table manners. I am British and I like good manner.
- I like peanut butter with most things....bananas, apples, chicken, in a sandwich, with ice cream, in smoothies. Addict.
- I prefer studying in coffee shops over silent libraries.
- I would be devastated if John Mayer and I don't meet and get married.
- I grew up horse riding and love escaping to the hills on a horse.
- I tend to brag about the fact that my bro can play Sweet Child of Mine on his guitar, behind his head like a real rock star.
- I happen to think that Rachel McAdam was incredibly stupid to question Channing Tatum being her husband in the Vow. She really should have just gone with the flow and happily accepted how lucky she was.

Answers to Lisa's Questions:
1. Which is your favourite city? - Tough one, I adore Paris (Find my photos here) but I love Bath, England where I spent summers with my Grandparents when I was growing up.
2. If you could marry a celebrity, which one would it be? - John Mayer.
3. Which author do you desperately want to publish a new book? - John the Disciples of Jesus. I am certain it would be a great read.
4. Who is your style icon? - Diane Kruger
5. What/Who do you blog for or why do you blog? - A way to share my travels with people / a hobby / creative outlet.
6. Is this your first award? - Yes, so chuffed!
7. Which one is your favourite blog post (of the ones you have written yourself)? - My last day in Amsterdam before I finished at my University in the Netherlands. So many good memories.
8. Favourite song at the moment? - Sexy and I know it by LMFAO.
9. Which singer/band would you like to see at a concert?  - Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Ben Howard, Ray LaMontagne.
10. Favourite cocktail (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? - I love a good G&T, also I like a good Margarita or a White Russian.

My Questions for my nominees..
Favourite candy bar? / Favourite memory? / Book or magazine? / Back seat driver? / Which actor would play you in a movie of your life? / Guilty pleasure TV show? / Favourite place to go? / Top on your wish list for travel destination? / Pink or blue? / Boys in skinny jeans, hit or miss? / How do you like your coffee?

My nominations go to.....Desperate English Teachers / Hope Engaged / Wish it. Dream it. Do it. / My Life and other Nonsense / A Catchy Chorus / In Search of Sunshine / Most What Matters / Our Little Balham Life / We Took the Road Less Travelled / The Little Pink Heart / The Pursuit of Lynsey

8 comments:

Beate said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! I'm so excited about it, my first award ever. Already looking forward to answering your questions :)
And I loved all of your answers.

Have a great day!

Katie said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, and I'm glad I did. I'm also from England and living in the USA. I've been here about 6 years now. Good luck with your move- I'll be following you along on your blog!

Katie

Mary said...

new follower. How fun you are coming to my country. Will you be here long? I'm from Northern California.

Have a safe trip. http://vintageboomer.blogspot.com/

Amy @ My Life and Other Nonsense said...

Thank you Sally! I'm excited to answer your questions and I loved getting to know you a little better. This is totally random, but John Mayer lives part time in my home town of Bozeman, Montana. My sister just saw him the other day when she was out shopping. I'll tell him hi for you if I see him! ;)

Unknown said...

THank you so much for the nomination sally! had such fun writing my post, also found some new blogs to read thanks to you :)
hope you are having a lovely week..here is my post...
Nic x http://www.ourlittlebalhamlife.com/2012/07/my-first-award-victory-wiggle.html

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

enjoy your last days before the big move! im sure you have tons to do, but take advantage of goodbye party opportunities :)

Theresa.Like,totally said...

Sally, I've done it again! Haha. I nominated someone and got another award back, the Versatile Award. It's in my newest blog post. Anyways, because you were so happy about it and I thought that was cute and because your blog is my favourite one in the world I nominated you AGAIN. Can you blame me? :P But I realise it might be annoying to always do the random-details-nomination-blog-post thing, so even though I am not the master of the blogging universe and actually don't have the power to say this, I'd say anyway: take the award and follow the rules only as far as you want ;)

lots of love
xxx

Theresa.Like,totally said...

Oh I forgot to add: Good luck with the John Mayer thing. I can totally understand that feel (not with John Mayer, he is all yours but with other people ;))
xxx