Friday 1 June 2012

Friday's Letters

The day I left my little Dutch University town

Dear England - it is nice to be back. Thank you for being so sunny when I arrived and thank you chiltern hills for being so lush and green and sweet smelling.
Dear Legs - please get some colour
Dear Queen - I love you. Happy Jubilee. You make me proud to be British.
Dear Mug - I have missed your great size, it is so nice to have a mug of coffee again rather than a teeni tiny European spoonful-sized cup they kept giving me.
Dear Dentist - I really could have done with you NOT cancelling our appointment today. I know you need a holiday but my wisdom teeth need your attention.
Dear Boise - I hope you haven't changed too much over the past two years and it would be nice if you still feel like home when I return in July.
Dear flat Holland - you made running so much easier. 
Dear University friends - I miss you all already. I miss our coffee-store-study-dates, I miss our impromptu hallway parties, I miss our cycle rides to get fries, I miss our whatsapp-ing during classes, and I miss that bar we danced on from time to time...
Dear Holland - I do miss you though.
Dear University - I do miss you also. Never thought I would say it, but it is true.

(Dear Student Bar - I miss you the most)

 Photobucket

9 comments:

Lyndsy said...

Haha I like that last one :) Happy Friday!

Melissa said...

Hey Sally! :) I found you through the link up. Your blog is wonderful. You have been to so many amazing places..I love seeing all the pictures. p.s. I hope your mouth is ok...wisdom teeth stink!

★ JASMINE ★ said...

Cute letters girl! I saw you over on ashleys page {newlyweds} & wanted to say hi!

newest bloggy friend <3
say hi back sometime?!

xoxo

Frankie said...

Wisdom teeth are the worst! Advil/ ibuprofen helps if they're really bothering you though. Have a great weekend.

Inge said...

Awww Sally <3

MostWhatMatters said...

I love your blog layout ! I am your newest follower! Check out my letters today. Thanks for linking up.

Tiana said...

what amazing photos! i would love to hear about your experiences studying abroad! I'm looking to sometime within my university years :) it looks amazing! and you make it look sensational!

xoxo,
tiana of l'esthetique

Ashley Slater said...

I am so excited to see the jubilee on tv! I think the history of it is just fascinating! loved all your letters, thanks for linking up with me!

xo,
ashley

phyllis nobles said...

love your letters & know you're going to be missing so much but simultaneously finding so much xx