Monday 30 January 2012

New Year Fun

 null

Oh boy do I have a treat for you today! A few weeks ago I decided to take part in a blog link up pary that I heard about through the beautiful Casey Wiegands blog. What is a blog link up party you may ask, well, let me tell ya. One day three blogging friends, Casey Weigand from The Weigand's blog, Danielle from Changing Lanes, and Alycia from Crowley Party decided to have a little blog party - fellow bloggers all around the world sent in their details and were paired up. Once each blogger was in a pair we were set the task of getting to know our partner and sending them a little care package to just, you know, bless their heart and hopefully make them smile. A sort of little pick you up at the end of January when the weather is really cold, Christmas is over and summer seems so far away.
Lindsay from Originally Me
I got paired with the wonderful Lindsay over at Originally Me. Oh my goodness did her care package make me smile! Lindsay has been blogging for a while now and I think her blog is pretty awesome (go check it out - here!) Lindsay's blog is packed full of creative ideas, crafts, fashion inspiration and little gems of written thoughts. Lindsay is so very encouraging, kind and creative. She is a person I would love to share a cup of coffee with in person one day. From the very first email she sent, Lindsay has encouraged me in this weird new adventure of blogging and inspired me through her creative personality to keep learning new technical skills to improve my blog. Lindsay has also inspired me to start sharing more of who I am on my blog - my faith, my thoughts and my fears. My AMAZING care package included some much missed USA candy, beautiful hand crafted earrings from Lindsay herself, Instyle Magazine, nail vanish (to feed my habit) and some cute post-it notes.....and an offer of a ad space on her blog (whoop whopp!) This is the sweet care package that Lindsay put together for me and sent all the way from the US of A (note that the chocolate was already consumed by the time I took this photo - Lindsay you know my heart)




Thank you SO much Lindsay for your care package! I have been a little under the weather lately and this has definitely made me perk up!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

What a lovely gift! I'm a sucker for anything that is handmade. :) So glad I chose to participate in this blogger gift exchange!

I'm your newest follower!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

What a great package!! We love getting packages but to get a box delivered and you have no idea what is inside is the best! We actually got paired with Sam from the comment above and were so happy!! This link up/gift exchange has been so much fun! A great way to connect with and support our fellow bloggers.
We are following you and would love for you to stop by our blog.

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

Chandra said...

New to your blog by way of the link up and am in love with the handmade goodness you received! Enjoy:D

Lindsay said...

Yayyy I'm so glad you love your package!! p.s. I'm sending you an email about your ad space now :)

Jamie W said...

Those earrings are amazing. :) love it!