Tuesday 15 November 2011

Robert Redford


If you were to spend any amount of time with me, you would soon know that I have a huge admiration for the actor Robert Redford. Ok, more like a crush. The guy is just too slick and charming and handsome for his own good. Robert Redford is in fact one man that both my Mum and I can agree upon being rather dashing. I mean, come on - Out of Africa? Indecent Proposal? Girls, how can you not swoon??!
Another fact about me: my favourite designer of all time is Ralph Lauren. And you know where these two loves of mine collide? The Great Gatsby. I have just finished reading the book and I am returning to watch the movie all over again with new eyes. The book is, in my opinion, deserving of it’s label “Classic”. There has been a lot of talk about a new film version starring Leonardo Dicaprio and directed by Baz Luhrmann – I can not wait. I just hope that they allow Ralph Lauren to work his magic in the wardrobe department. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once, in Paris, I was about to cross the street when I looked to my right and there was a man who was the spitting image of Johnny Hooker, Redford's character in The Sting. Period costume and all. It was surreal. When I looked again he'd vanished. True story. The Way We Were is one of my all-time favourite films. He's a gem.